11 April 2016
Rules of 3.
If you are planning of any outting or have any unexpected emergency situation arise, start with the Rules or 3. Get your head on straight, observe, plan (STOP) and move forward on your survival your adventure.
The Rules of 3 are as follows:
* 3 Seconds to calm yourself.
- Get your head on straight, calm down and assess your situation. (STOP) What threatens your life the most at this moment. You can think with a confused and fearful mind. You will get through this. Gather your inner strength and peace. You've got this.
* 3 Minutes with out Air.
- A person can survive between 3 to 5 minutes with out air. In some rare cases even longer. However, Deal with this first if you have to. With out air nothing else matters.
* 3 Hours for Exposure.
- You need to shelter yourself from the environment. This can be with your clothes or building you a shelter to protect you from the environment around you. It can be snow, sun exposure, heat, cold, rain or any other type of climatic change. You can locate shelter or build shelter.
* 3 Days without Water.
- A normal person can survival 3 days without hydration or water. Either bring water with you or develop a source. If water in the outdoors is all you have, if you can not purify it, try to strain it and keep a sample that you drink. It is better to hydrate yourself and catch something than to die of hydration. A sample of the water can be analyzed and medical actions can be taken once your are rescued.
* 3 Weeks with out Food.
- A normal person can survival 3 weeks with out food. Food is the least of your priorities. However, it does not mean that your effectiveness will not lessen. You will perish long before you die of starvation if you do not address the prior rules of 3.