Organize your survival items into five separate groups based on their use: the water purification tabs and condom go together; the space blanket and trash bag go together; the lighter and matches go together; and everything else goes together.
Put each group of related items into the smallest possible zip-top bag. This makes each subgroup of items easy to locate all at once when you need them in the field.
Place the four zip-top bags into the fanny pack.
Things You'll Need:
* 5 water purification tablets
* Unlubricated condoms (to serve as a water bladder)
* Space blanket
* Heavy-duty 55-gallon trash bag (to serve as a sleeping bag)
* Small butane lighter
* 20 waterproof matches in zip-top bag
* Small pocket knife
* Mini LED pinch light and spare battery
* Emergency whistle
* Button compass
* Small signal mirror
* 3 feet of duct tape wrapped around a 1/4 inch wooden dowel
* 25 feet of 550 parachute cord
* Photo of friends or family
* Selection of small and medium-size zip-top bags
* Nylon fanny pack